Descriptions & Applications
Board of Zoning Appeals
The appointee holds a three-year term and must attend meetings as needed to act upon requests for variances from the City’s Zoning Ordinance.
- The City of Lansing is currently seeking a volunteer to fill the unexpired term on the Board of Zoning Appeals ending April 30, 2018. Application.
The appointee holds a four-year-term and must attend monthly meetings to discuss topics such as programs, policies and the library budget. Members also promote the Library at various city events and attend required training provided by the Northeast Kansas Library System.
The appointee holds a four-year term and will represent the city of Lansing on a five member board. Responsibilities include attending monthly meetings, setting policies and establishing the annual budget.
- The City of Lansing is currently seeking a volunteer to fill a two year term on the Leavenworth County Fire District #1 Board as a representative for the City of Lansing. Deadline to apply is October 27, 2017. Application.
The Lansing Historical Museum is seeking energetic and highly motivated volunteers to fill the following positions: Educational Programming Assistant, Museum Greeter, and Museum Intern. Please follow the link to apply or contact the Museum Site Supervisor for more information 913-250-0203.
Parks & Recreation Advisory Board Members
The appointee holds a two-year term. Duties include overseeing the program(s), attending board meetings on the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m., participating in board discussions, making recommendations concerning the Parks and Recreation programs to the City Council and assisting with various related events.
- The City of Lansing is seeking volunteers for the following positions on the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board:
- Baseball Commissioner - Application
- Assistant Baseball Commissioner - Application
- Softball Commissioner - Application
- Cheerleading Commissioner - Application
The appointee holds a three-year term and must attend meetings held on the second Thursday of January, March, May, September and November. Members will participate in board discussions and assist in various related events.
- The City of Lansing is seeking volunteers for our Tree Board. Application.
The appointee holds a three-year term and must attend monthly meetings scheduled for the third Wednesday of every month. They will participate in discussions about platting and zoning as well as policies including the comprehensive plan which guides development in the future for the jurisdiction. Members are closely involved with the development of subdivisions (residential, commercial and industrial) and provide a guide for future transportation, community facilities and land use decisions that impact the community as a whole.
- The City of Lansing is seeking a volunteer to fulfill an unexpired term on the Lansing Planning Commission ending April 30, 2019. Application.
This volunteer position requires applicants be at least 21 years of age, have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid driver's license. *NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS*